Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Swatch: Nabi Holographic Flamingo

Nabi Holographic Flamingo

Nabi Flamingo is a magenta pink holographic polish with a beautiful purple flash!

Nabi Holographic Flamingo

Formula is great although almost all of Nabi's holographic polishes that I have tried so far are on the sheer side and requires about 3-4 coat to bring out the colour.

Nabi Holographic Flamingo

Isnt it really gorgeous? Although I must admit that I dont think there would be holographic polish which I dont think is gorgeous.. LOL

Nabi Holographic Flamingo vs China Glaze Infra Red
Nabi Holographic Flamingo vs China Glaze Infra Red
For comparison, the first polish that I thought of is China Glaze Infra Red from the CG Hologlam 2013 collection!

The color for both polishes is quite close though definitely not the same, and their holographic finish is very different too. Nabi Holographic Flamingo is more of the coarse type of holographic finish while China Glaze Infra Red is the smooth type of holographic finish.

Nabi Holographic Flamingo vs China Glaze Infra Red
Nabi Holographic Flamingo vs China Glaze Infra Red
I guess out of these 2, I would prefer Nabi Holographic Flamingo as I was never quite a fan of China Glaze Infra Red.. The holographic effect for CG Infra Red is a little too weak for me.

Nabi Flamingo vs Nabi L.Pink vs Nabi Hot Pink
Nabi Flamingo vs Nabi L.Pink vs Nabi Hot Pink
As I also have a few other pinks from Nabi, I decided to do a comparison between them as well.

In the picture above, I'm having Nabi L.Pink on my middle finger and Nabi Hot Pink on my pinkie.

Nabi Flamingo vs Nabi L.Pink vs Nabi Hot Pink
Nabi Flamingo vs Nabi L.Pink vs Nabi Hot Pink
This is just for comparison between the colours. The holographic effect for the 2 other pinks was not captured well.

Let me know you think! Do you like Nabi Holographic Flamingo?

Polishes Used:
Nabi Holographic Flamingo
China Glaze Infra Red
Nabi Holographic L.Pink
Nabi Holographic Hot Pink

2 comments:

  1. Overall - how are you liking the Nabi holos ? I'm thinking about ordering the 24 pc set even tho I know I won't use some of the colors. I really like the gold you posted the other day, Flamingo looks really fun too.

    How do they compare to the China Glaze hologlams or the L.A. Girls holos that came out a few months ago. The LA Girls seem much more scattered, still pretty tho.

    Nabi is being super sneaky making their bottles look like the Laylas. It's pretty obvious they are nowhere near that sort of linear holo finish.

    Thanks for posting swatches of them !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      I do like the Nabi Holos! They have some unique colors which I haven got to swatching yet, and they're really afforable! They do smell abit though.. Kind of smells like Kleancolors. I try to paint my nails in an open space so I'm fine with it.

      I dont have the L.A. Girls holos, but I did compare the Nabi holos with some of the China Glaze hologlams and they are really different. China Glaze is really one of a kind being really smooth and all..

      Overall, some of the colors is definitely a must-have for me as they are not commonly available in other brands. I did went and get all the 24 colors because of the holographic addict in me.. But I can see that some of the colors are pretty similar, especially the pinks and browns.. :)

      Delete