Saturday, May 26, 2012

Gradient Friday!


Some of the girls from my favourite FB group PLOP had came together and decided to do a theme together, and it's Gradient nails! I was happy to finally participate this time as I was busy the previous few rounds they did it.

Be sure to check out the rest of the awesome gradient manicures at the bottom!

For my gradient nails, I used a bunch of neon polishes and stamped over with Cheeky plate CH14!

I didn't use the new popular technique in Nailasaurus's tutorial as some of the neons were quite sheer so I didn't think it would work. Instead I used OPI Alpine Snow as base, and sponged on the neons 1/3 of the nail at a time to achieve this.

So what do you think? Is this awesome or what?! :)

Polishes Used:
China Glaze Beach Cruise-R
China Glaze Kiwi Cool-Ada
China Glaze Orange Knockout (Neon)
China Glaze Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
China Glaze Pool Party
China Glaze Towel Boy Toy

9 comments:

  1. I love these colors. Super bright and they look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encantan me gustaria tanto tener las placas cheeky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool!
    how do you keep the black from smudging while putting on topcoat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You just have to wait a little longer for the black to dry, and apply a thicker coat of top coat without letting the brush touch the black stamping polish. :)

      Delete